Arcanum: The Immortal Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official home of the Immortal Wars project and universe.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fireraven Genesis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fireraven
Admin
Fireraven

Fireraven Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Fireraven Genesis   Fireraven Genesis Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:52 pm

The sun was beginning its descent into the western sky setting the sky alight with vibrant red, pink and orange mixtures, dark clouds were rolling into the east seemingly fleeing the display of light, and a lone man stood on the hillside of the British countryside silently standing just outside the opening to a nearby cave. He was dressed in a weather worn hooded brown cloak pacing back and forth almost agitatedly staring back into the cave every now and again. This lapse only lasted for a brief moment and then he would begin to stare down the hillside towards the river, still pacing in a somewhat uneasy manner. The winds began to pick up as the sun set lower into the horizon and soon it began to rain. Slowly the figure stopped pacing and began to stare intently out towards the river. The rain soon soaked through his cloak and his face began dripping with water, but for some reason he refused to take refuge from the now downpour in the cave. As the sun plunged beneath the edge of the sky the figure turned towards the cave gripping the hilt of the sword hidden beneath his attire.
The man began backing away from the cave. Moments later a few tattered starved looking figures made their way from the cave staring fearfully at the man, most keeping along the side of the outcropping trying to stay as far away from the cloaked man as possible. Only one of the figures stepped forward with any kind of confidence. He walked towards the cloaked man with his arms spread wide, stopped about five feet directly in front of the man and took a knee bowing his head. The cloaked figure drew his sword and lowered his hood. Calmly he took a few steps towards the man and slowly raised his ornate diamond flame sword and made to cut the figure down. As the sword fell its target raised his head, his shining blue eyes piercing into the eyes of the his foe. The cloaked man seemed caught off guard and stumbled backwards nearly dropping his sword. Slowly the other male stood once more continuing his gaze into the cloaked man's eyes and began to speak, “It is an honor to see you again Immortal of the Flame.” He took a slight bow, “You do remember me from the war, no? Or perhaps a lowly druid's apprentice was not worthy of a footnote in the mind of the great Bajif Ishtar.”
A look of absolute horror sank brutally into Bajif's face as if in disbelief. He stumbled back a few more steps as the wind picked up and lightning and thunder began to clash around them. As he began to speak the rain fell more fiercely than before forcing him to yell. “So it seems even the pure have been struck by Hades plague. I am sorry to see that you too must be eliminated my dear Fireraven.” He raised his sword once more in preparation to strike, “You fought valiantly against the armies of Hades your valor will be commended in the afterlife.”
“I am sorry that you see it that way, but I will not go down. Those like me who have undergone this change deserve life just as anyone else.” He dodged to the side while speaking as Bajif's sword came down on him. “It is not as if we have suddenly joined the side that wishes to see you destroyed.” He performed another series of dodges as the immortal's sword came at him with an additional flurry of attacks. “Well it appears you can not be swayed by mere pretty words.” Fireraven's entire body shrank towards the ground as the sword came towards his midsection. He expanded back upwards with his fist extended in an uppercut motion forcing Bajif to jump back to keep from getting hit. Capitalizing upon having forced his foe back Fireraven began swiping at Bajif's arms with his claws to keep him from using his sword. Bajif flipped over his foe and jabbed at the back of his kidney. Instinctively Fireraven spun around to dodge catching the side of the immortal's face with with a closed fist knocking him to the ground. Bajif's eyes grew large as he began to stand, flames now dancing up his flame sword, steam emanating from it as pouring rain met flame. For a moment they stood there staring at one another calmly, when the sudden trod of horse hooves interrupted their pseudo-silence. “It appears your friend Aries has arrived. Until the next time we meet, hopefully you might once more consider me an ally then.” His body shrank as did the rest of those whom were in the cave with him and they disappeared into the night.
Enraged by the escape of his enemy Bajif charged to the spot where he disappeared stabbing the ground in anger as Aries arrived on horse behind him clad fully in platinum plated armor with gold trim. “What has transpired here? You do not normally display your temper in such a manner.”
“There were some of the people infected by Hades' essence hiding out in the cave we designated for a meeting place. I attacked them upon nightfall but they fled as you arrived.” He paused glaring out towards the river once more, “Somehow he knew it was you coming. This is perplexing, I do not understand their goals or if they are organized. I do not care enough to ask either, we should just kill them before they cause problems like that Stardust group.”
Aries chuckled, “Always so quick to judgment, sometimes I swear if we had not been in the Royal Army together you would have killed me ages ago.” He redirected his horse towards the cave. “At any rate let us get out of this cave, my horse may catch cold soon.” They started walking towards the cave.
“Yes, yes I know but you were not killing innocent people every night.” Bajif said grimacing, “You know I can not stand the thought of senseless murder.”
Aries chuckled as he dismounted his horse and removed his rain covered helmet. “I think you know as well as I that none of the cases around here have resulted in death. It may do us well to question some of these figures before engaging them in battle.”
Bajif waved the god's advice off with a quick motion of his hand. “We did not set up this meeting to discuss their salvation, we are here to discuss these Stardust figures.” He placed his sword in the ground to provide a light source and began setting up a fire pit with rocks and little as Aries moved some rocks to act as chairs. There was evidence that the group who had previously occupied had set up a fire before he had arrived, though it was cold and long burnt out by this time. Bajif gathered some sticks and logs that had been left and placed them in the pit to fuel the fire. As soon as it was properly set up he removed his sword from the ground and used its fire to ignite the blaze. He closed his eyes momentarily and appeared to concentrate as the flames fled from the blade of his sword and finally sheathed the magnificent blade. Neither of them talked as they unpacked supplies from the horse and began setting up refreshments for their meeting. By the time it was all set up a kettle of tea hung above the roaring fire and some salted pork lay covered in a bronze container within the embers. Both were a bit more relaxed as they sat down. “So what have you learned of this group?”
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/fireravenjournal

Fireraven Genesis
Page 1 of 1